Sunday, March 11, 2012

7 days post IUI (7dpi)****** At the moment, I'm 7 days into a cycle, which means my feet were up in the stirrups last Monday. (calling in late for work again). It was my second IUI. It was much easier the second time. The first time the doctor poked around for a while, telling me he was "trying to find" my cervix. Not good words from a doctor. it hurt a little. It is a lot like a pap smear, but a little more pressure. Then he left me alone for 15 minutes while I lay on the table with my knees in the air. I cried. It just hit me that this is not how I thought I'd conceive my child. Then I carefully monitored every symptom. Having a iPad while you're trying to get pregnant is terrible. You can google and read stats and early pregnancy signs nonstop. And I thought I had most of the symptoms. But then along came my period. I was disappointed for sure. Luckily with Clomid, you have something to do right away when your unwanted period starts- you have to refill your Clomid prescription and start taking it again, which feels like progress.******************the second IUI was painless and quick. I think that means my cervix was in a more receptive position. I wonder if the doctor can tell a difference in cervix position between the right moment and wrong? Timing was an issue this time. I think Sunday was the prime time, but the clinic is closed Sundays, so i had to wait until Monday. But it may have been fine. We will know in another week. I kind of want my young handsome doctor to hit on me, but the position he sees me in is not conducive. And I know it won't happen.***** 2 weeks seems like a long wait. I don't feel anything to tell the truth. Last month I had cramping 5 days after and thought it was implantation. More cramping on days 11-12. This time, nothing. But it's early. I guess mid next week I will probably scour my body for signs again. The experience of the negative early pregnancy test was painful last month though, so I'd rather wait until my period is late this time. They are only 70% accurate so a negative is sad, but leaves a lot of room to rationalize about. My third thought after I saw the negative was, oh god, why have I told people I am doing this? Then I had to tell them all it hadnt worked. I see why people keep it secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment