Monday, August 6, 2012

surprise! not what one wants

Well, who can do without the last minute drama?  I went to inject my trigger shot Saturday night at 10 and as I open the box to mix the medicine, I see it says "for intramuscular injection only."  WTF?  I don't have any IM needles.  No one showed me how to do an IM shot.  Moreover, it says a different person should do the shot, since they are much more painful and deeper than the subcutaneous shots I have done for everything else.  I was mad- why is this surprise coming up now?  What can I do on a SAturday night with no needle and no one to help?  So I just used my little needles and shot it into my butt 5 times.  I don't think it was deep enough to hit the muscle, but the medicine got into me.  I'll be pissed if all this money, energy and missed work results in a missed ovulation. 
In other news, it looks like insurance might cover part of this.  They don't cover infertility unless it has a medical cause. I asked them what else could be the cause?  Anyway, I'll try to get the dr to diagnose me with PCOS, which I pretty clearly have.   Even if that fails, there is a $9000 cap on out of pocket, which I haev almost hit, so the insurance would end up covering IVF!  If the dr's office ever gets around to submitting the claims.  For some reason although I've been racking up charges for months, insurance said no claims have been submitted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment