Monday, August 6, 2012

dr takes me into the little office

that's never good.  He wanted to warn me about the risk of multiples and ask if I wanted to go through with this cycle.  He said 30% chance of twins!  But it's 30% of the only 20% chance of any pregnancy at all.  Sure- I'll still do it.  It's only 4-6 eggs.  From what I have read, at my age there is not a very high probability of twins.  I've already gone thru 4 eggs with zero result, so it's hard to see how my luck with double this time.
He also said he thought we should go on to IVF next month if this doesn't work.  That's fine.  This process is way too long and dificult, and I miss a ton of work.  The timing never seems right.  IVF is nice and controled. The real kicker was he said IVF is less likely to result in twins than this protocol of shooting up lots of eggs.  So I think I will ask for a 2 week leave from work.  I have to see the dr almost every day.  Not that this one has failed yet.
I am flying across the country the day I would need to start next month's treatment, so everything is up in the air again.  I don't mind canceling the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment